Special order items
Alastair Hannay's introduction evaluates Kierkegaard's philosophy and the ways in which it conflicted with more accepted contemporary views. This edition also includes detailed notes to complement this groundbreaking analysis of religion, and a new chronology. He is remembered for his philosophy, which pioneered the idea of the Absurd, and was influential and in the development of 20th century existentialism.
- Rob Milne: A Tribute to a Pioneering AI Scientist, Entrepreneur and Mountaineer;
- DOWNLOAD FREE Fear and Trembling: Dialectical Lyric by Johannes De Si….
- Princeton University Library Catalog.
- The Best Way: El Camino de Santiago.
- Dialectical Lyric by Johannes de Silentio.
He is remembered for his philosophy, which was influential in the development of 20th century existentialism. First published in under a pseudonym, "Frygt og Baeven" is written in a quasi-dialogue form in which different facets of Kierkegaard's thought are presented to the reader.
Without disclosing his own beliefs Kierkegaard confronts the reader with various ethical and religious attitudes, but leaves the responsibility of choice open.
Penguin Classics Fear and Trembling by Soren Kierkegaard | Penguin Random House Canada
This new edition provides a chronology of the author's life and detailed notes to complement Kierkegaard's analysis of religion. Convert currency. Add to Basket. Book Description Penguin Books.
- The Taming of Katrina (The Chevalier Saga Book 3);
- Electromagnetic radiations in food science.
- EPUB @PDF Fear and Trembling Dialectical Lyric by Johannes De Silenti…?
- Christopher Isherwood Diaries Volume 1.
- Conservative Infertility Management.
- Piano Sonata No. 2, Movement 1!
- Python GeoSpatial Analysis Essentials!
- The Making of Stonehenge?
- Caversham Booksellers: Kierkegaard, Soren.
- Lucille Clifton: Her Life and Letters (Women Writers of Color).
- Lithium: Its Role in Psychiatric Research and Treatment.
- Kale and Coffee: A Renegades Guide to Health, Happiness, and Longevity.
- American Uprising: The Untold Story of Americas Largest Slave Revolt.
Condition: New. Seller Inventory More information about this seller Contact this seller. Language: English. Brand new Book. In Fear and Trembling, Soren Kierkegaard's infamous and controversial work made a lasting impression on both modern Protestant theology and existentialist philosophers such as Sartre and Camus.
Fear and Trembling: Dialectical Lyric by Johannes De Silentio: Design by Coralie Bickford-Smith
Danish-born Scren Kierkegaard wrote on a wide variety of themes, including religion, psychology, and literature. Seller Inventory APG Book Description Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory ST Seller Inventory ST Book Description Penguin Classics, Seller Inventory mon Book Description Penguin Books Ltd, New Book.
Shipped from UK. Established seller since Seller Inventory CP Book Description Penguin Classics , Brand new book, sourced directly from publisher. Where these revered figures arrived, that is the point where everybody in our day begins to go further. Reviews Review Policy.
Published on. Flowing text. Best For. Web, Tablet, Phone, eReader. Content Protection.
Learn More. Flag as inappropriate. It syncs automatically with your account and allows you to read online or offline wherever you are.
Please follow the detailed Help center instructions to transfer the files to supported eReaders. Similar ebooks. See more. Sickness Unto Death. Man is spirit. But what is spirit?
Fear and Trembling (Penguin Classics)
Spirit is the self. But what is the self? The self is a relation which relates itself to its own self, or it is that in the relation [which accounts for it] that the relation relates itself to its own self; the self is not the relation but [consists in the fact] that the relation relates itself to its own self. Man is a synthesis of the infinite and the finite, of the temporal and the eternal, of freedom and necessity; in short, it is a synthesis.
One of the most influential works of this century, The Myth of Sisyphus and Other Essays is a crucial exposition of existentialist thought.